- United Kingdom
Created 21 days ago
This research was undertaken by Family Fund to:
- Understand how the coronavirus outbreak is affecting families raising disabled or seriously ill children in the UK.
- Understand the concerns and needs of families raising disabled or seriously ill children in UK resulting from the coronavirus outbreak.
The report shared findings from three waves of surveys completed with over 7,000 families. They found that:
- Half of families have lost income as a result of the coronavirus outbreak, and more than three quarters are experiencing increased household costs.
- The mental health and wellbeing of the majority of disabled or seriously ill children, as well as their siblings and parent carers, has been negatively impacted, and showing little signs of recovery.
- Addressing these health and wellbeing needs, as well as their growing financial and support needs are the most pressing priorities put forward by families.