As part of Public Health England's Everybody Active, Every Day framework, a long term vision has been identified. To support this, a number of resources are being created and updated. What Works - The Evidence sets out an evidence base of what works to get people active at a population scale. It highlights five steps for local areas to support change.
1. Teach every child to have and enjoy the skills to be active every day.
2. Create safe and attractive environments where everyone can walk or cycle, regardless of age or disability.
3. Make every contact count for professionals and volunteers to encourage active lives.
4. Lead by example in every public sector workplace.
5. Evaluate and share findings so that learning of what works can grow.